On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Yes, and I have explained about 1.000 times that what comes out of Osmosis

You may have explained all this on this list 1,000 times (which I very
much doubt), but I couldn't find any of it properly documented anywhere on
the Wiki...

> WILL be one single (daily or 1.73daily or 2.918daily or 0.002daily depending
> on how often you call it) file.

I'd wager that having Osmosis download 1440 minutely diffs and assemble
them into a daily diff is going to take significantly more time than just
wgetting a single daily diff.  However, I can't verify my assumption at
the moment because I'm having to spend my time battling (and currently
failing) to get a honking great Java application (Osmosis) to work to do
all this.  I'm afraid this seems like a retrograde step to me, compared
with the relative simplicity of stuffing diffs directly into osm2pgsql.

--

  - Steve
    xmpp:st...@nexusuk.org   sip:st...@nexusuk.org   http://www.nexusuk.org/