On 21/02/2010 22:30, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> We were discussing maybe moving over to Git in #osm and I thought I'd
> do a quick conversion just to show how easy it is:

Sorry I missed the original conversation. Can you, for the benefit of
those of us not present, give a few bullet points of the benefits to OSM
as a project of a move to Git (or any other SCM)?

I'm interested in what problems this move would solve, not what features
Git has that SVN doesn't. For what it's worth, I have nothing
particularly against Git, or for SVN, but change has its cost. And I'd
prefer Mercurial, purely because I use NetBeans, and it has better hg
support.

Not against the move, but just want to know what the project would gain.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)