2010/2/22 SteveC <st...@asklater.com>:

> On Feb 21, 2010, at 18:57, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/2/21 SteveC <st...@asklater.com>:
>>> Sure. In Germany you have this amazing community where there's a
>>> stamptish around every corner. But out here it's much harder and we
>>> need these easier tools to build the map.
>>

>> thing is that you can't build a crowd-sourced map when missing the
>> crowd. There is no "easy" shortcut.
>>

> Was that meant to disagree or agree with what I said or what?

I'd say it was pointing out, that IMHO your argumentation doesn't
hold. Easier tools are certainly a good thing, but without a community
it is all nothing. Whoever wants to push OSM should in the first place
strengthen the community. The more mappers you have the better it is.
Emphasis on _mappers_. Otherwise we will be in a situation like the
proprietary map providers: even with loads of feedback they are not
able to update their maps in time (it takes them years to check and
correct already known errors).

cheers,
Martin