Hi

I'm only aware of one defect related to 3102 (Sebastian, you've reported
it today) and this one
is fixed. What other defects related 3102 are you referring to?
Actually 3102 has been
*fixing* four defects (or closing two tickets and fixing two unreported
defects).
I've added a warning when I checked in 3102 because I knew that there
was some
risk but from my interpretation JOSM is currently exactly in the phase
where these risks are taken.

My interpreation was that a tested was  pushed out (~ a week ago it
appeared on the JOSM home page) and that JOSM started
another of JOSMs traditional "cylces". If the question is whether we
"really need this right now", then my intrpretation would be:
yes,that's exactly how people have been working on JOSM in the past.
 From my point of view JOSM  would
currently focus on  new features and larger reworks before another
stabilization phase  towards the end of such a "cycle".

I don't like the traditional approach of JOSM developoment enough to
advocate it, though. I'd be
happy if things changed. From todays emails I learned about the
following plan:
* there is yet another "tested" planned for end of this month latest,
perhaps for next friday
* it's going to be the long announced last "tested" for Java 5

Regards
Karl