Hi,

I spend several days in setting up a working system for rendering OSM data
on a Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) with PostGesql 8.3 and GIS 1.4 on Mapnik 7.1
Renderer. Unfortunately I am not possible to get mod_tile (SVN 20877) up and
running correct with apache2 virtual_servers.

# generate_image.py works fine and static rendering jobs are doing well with
"mapnik tools".

Here are my configurations and questions, if you are to solve my and find
the gab.

Location of mod_tile directory: /srv/mapnik/src/mod_tile
Location of mapnik tools and osm.xlm: /srv/mapnik/mapnik/osm.xml
User runnig fine for rendering with 'psql' on database "gis" and owner of
"gis" is mapnik.

Location of renderd.conf: /etc/renderd.conf
Content of renderd.conf:
[renderd]
socketname=/srv/mapnik/sock/renderd.sock
num_threads=4
tile_dir=/srv/www/nugagu/map/osm_tiles
stats_file=/srv/mapnik/stats/renderd.stats

#;Comment: plugins and fonts are not in lib64 despite it is a 64bit system

[mapnik]
plugins_dir=/usr/local/lib/mapnik/input
font_dir=/usr/share/fonts
font_dir_recurse=1

[default]
URI=/osm_tiles/
XML=/srv/mapnik/osm.xml
HOST=map.nugagu.de
;HTCPHOST=proxy.openstreetmap.org

#mod_tile has compiled fine and copied mod_tile under
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_tile.so

Location of LoadModule in Vitual_Server file in the Apache Directory
sites-available:

/etc/apache2/sites-available/nugagu-map and activated with a2ensite on
apache2

Content of file "nugagu-map":
LoadModule tile_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_tile.so

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmas...@localhost
        ServerName map.nugagu.de
        DocumentRoot /srv/www/nugagu/map

# renderd configuration.
  LoadTileConfigFile /etc/renderd.conf
  AddTileConfig /osm_tiles/ Default
  ModTileRequestTimeout 60
  ModTileMaxLoadOld 2
  ModTileMaxLoadMissing 5
  ModTileRenderdSocketName /srv/mapnik/sock/renderd.sock
  ModTileCacheDurationMax 604800
  ModTileCacheDurationDirty 900
  ModTileCacheDurationMinimum 10800
  ModTileCacheDurationMediumZoom 14 86400
  ModTileCacheDurationLowZoom 9 518400
  ModTileCacheLastModifiedFactor 0.20
  LogLevel debug

  # Location for index.html with OpenLayers interface.
  <Location />
    Allow From All
  </Location>

  # Location for statically served tiles.
  <Location /osm_tiles/>
    Allow From All
    SetHandler DefaultHandler
  </Location>

        <Directory / >
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

#Apache starts fine and mod_tile.so in loaded ? Can I verify this ?

#The directory /srv/www/nugagu/map/osm_tiles is owned by www-data and
write/readable.

#Do I still need to create a file planet-import-comlete and if so where do I
have to put it?

1. The daemon renderd.py -f starts fine with no errors. And is seen in "TOP"
runned by user 'mapnik'
2. Apache2 restarts also fine with no errors so far.

#osm_tiles directory on http request does not extist neither does the
renderd do anything?
#/var/log/apache2/error.log just says directory does not exist. So module is
not running correctly ?

#How to verify apache module works fine with renders on the socket files?

#Can someone post for me a on this configuration bases working index.html
for slippy?

Thank you all very much and you help and efforts are very apreciated.