@Ian:

> The grammar that I published parses the examples on the xapi wiki page
> just
> fine. The hard part now is converting those in to SQL statements while
> maintaining speed.

In which stage is this code presently ? I managed to build it, but when I
try to actually run a query, I get

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException:
PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
bbox_nodes ON COMMIT DROP AS SELECT * FROM nodes WHERE (geom && ?)]; nested
exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unknown type geometry.
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:98)

(postgis-2.0.0SVN.jar is in my build path)

thx,
Armin