Hi,

On 12/15/10 01:57, Stefan Keller wrote:
> As stated by Wyo (and me) above: The technology and the way XAPI is
> currently realized is out of discussion (MUMPS/GT.M).

But then again: XAPI has been written by a single person, in (what we consider) an esoteric programming language, in their spare time. So if someone really wanted to do it better, it should be a breeze to implement the same, or even an improved, interface with a "standard" toolbox.

> 1. I think all XAPI server mentioned in
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/XAPI#Servers use the same code,
> don't they?

I believe so.

> 2. The http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status should be
> more up-to-date: Who maintains it? Can anyone help there?

There's no single maintainer. Anyone who gains knowledge about something being broken puts that information there.

> 3. To me the question arises, who uses XAPI anyhow? Do you have an
> overview of the main apps?

Some (most?) of the tag analysis tools (tagwatch et al.) offer the user a XAPI download link for a given key-value combination. Also, I think that many users manually execute XAPI queries and load the results in an editor to make mass edits. (This is often frowned upon.)

Bye
Frederik