Hello Andrew,

So far we found that crappy editors loose popularity. For example,
Potlatch would not warn users that the two ways they are merging have
two different names. Then some would call for it to be banned. Then
they would incorporate the good features of Potlatch (e.g. Y! imagery)
into other editors.

There is an interesting trend though: All or nearly all editors have
been open source.

Regards,
Nic