Hi Igor,

in my Europe extract from geofabrik (18-July-2011 00:49) France is such an
example. In this extract I'm talking about the (top-level?) relation with
id=11980 (which has a member relation with id=1362232, which in turn has
several member relations).

Thanks for your help.
Greetings from Hildesheim,

Curt

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Igor Podolskiy [mailto:igor.podols...@vwi-stuttgart.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. August 2011 15:56
An: dev@openstreetmap.org
Betreff: Re: [OSM-dev] Extracting just national boundaries

Hi,
>> But as far as I understand, those
>> relations will have other relations as their members. If these other
>> relations do *not* have the above mentioned tags, they will *not* be
>> in the output file (but they should).
hmm, I don't really know about member relation inclusion - and there's
no --used-relations task in Osmosis. Maybe that's a bug and should be
fixed... or at least investigated :)

Speaking of investigation: I did quite a bit of work with boundary
relations of Germany and I never encountered a problem with member
relations - simply because I didn't encounter this situation. Do you
have a specific example where it doesn't work so I could take a look at
it? At the very least, a country name whose boundaries you don't get
because of this, or a relation ID, or something like that?

Greetings from Stuttgart,
Igor