Hi Morten,

first, I would take osm2pgsql for this purpose (openptmap.org does).
Nevertheless, there are two cheep alternatives which may be sufficient for your
application:

1. Osmosis option --a2p
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage_0.39#--areapoints_.28--a2p.29
Works for ways only - as far as I know. But it certainly can be extended to
take care about relations as well.

2. osmconvert --all-to-nodes
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmconvert#Dispose_of_Ways_and_Relations_and_Convert_them_to_Nodes
This is used by OpenLinkMap. Every way and every relation is converted to a
node.

Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------