Thank you very much for your kind responces.
As you toold, I made an account and did some edits to the map in
 my neighborhood. OpenStreetMap editor is a really great and interesting
thing. I think I will be very joyful to work with OSM. I wrote a blog post
to inform the other people who are not aware of OSM
http://jananiswebblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/test-1.html I also have the
experience of using software like "ArcGIS" and "ILWIS". but this is so much
interesting...

Now I am trying the command line tools in OSM.

can anyone tell me, what are the other things I should study?

Thank you very much.

--
--Best Regards,
Janani Nayanathara,