Hello, OSM developers.

My name is Eugene, I'm on my fifth year of information technologies at the
National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
of St. Petersburg, Russia. I would like to participate in GSoC 2012 and I'm
interested in your project proposal of video based speed limit detector. But I
have some questions about this project and its requirements:
1) I have several ideas about how to implement this project. The first thing
that came to my mind is neural network. But this solution requires a large
training set of images. Another way is to use OpenCV, which combines great
number of various computer vision algorithms. Last thing I think about is
libraries like this http://code.google.com/p/signfinder/, which developed for
similar tasks. Is it permitted to use third-party libraries in this project?
2) In the application template there is a requirement to "provide a short
example of an OSM XML document that represents a polygon way". This task is not
related to the technologies used in the project of computer vision based speed
limit detector. Whether it necessary to provide OSM XML anyway? And if not, do
I need to provide any other test task to prove my knowledge?