Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 02:03:19PM +0900, Satoshi IIDA wrote:
> Although I'm not a Nominatim guy :)

I am. :) I'll have a look at the data and try to answer the
trac ticket later. Just some quick response about addresses here.

> 3. place name? address?
> Your dataset seems about "place/block name" rather than "address".
>
> As you know, Japanese addressing is "city block" based. Not "street" based.
> So perhaps it would need some enhancement on Nominatim.
> (from my memory, block based search is already implemented.)

Nominatim is now able to handle 'street-less' addresses but I'm not sure
that this covers addresses in Japan adequately. There is no problem to
extend Nominatim with a specific block-based addressing schema.
The main isssue is that it is not quite clear if there ever has been a
consensus about the tagging of block-based addresses. As all the developers
of Nominatim are based in countries with street-based addressing schemas,
we really need to rely on you there.

So it would be great if you could discuss in your community the tagging
again and find a consensus if not yet has been reached, document that
on a wiki-page and file a trac ticket for Nominatim with a link to that
wiki page and some example areas where the schema is already being used.

Sarah