Why are you mentioning 'rendering'?

On 06/08/2019 14:36, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 06/08/2019 14:24, Dave F via dev wrote:

Is this based on server & connection speeds etc? If so has it been reviewed recently? With the increase in general computing power is there a reason this limit could not be increased?

Rendering custom maps is very expensive and is not really
a core part of our mission - we should probably never have
added that feature really.

Every time that call is used you are going direct to one
of the render servers whose main job is to render tiles for
the map and you're making it do a custom select from the
database just for and then render that data.

The node limit is basically about limiting the amount of
data that has to be sucked out the database and manipulated
to produce the result.

While compute power may have increased somewhat so have the
number of users hitting that endpoint...

Tom