On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 01:49:42PM +0000, Dave Tucker wrote:
> Quoting from the blog post:
>
>     "OVN will not require a special build of OVS or OVN-specific changes to
> ovs-vswitchd or ovsdb-server...."
>
> Does choosing C prevent us packaging and versioning OVN separately from OVS?

No.  Any given OVN release will be compatible with a range of OVS
versions.

> From a user perspective, I'd like to "$package_manager install
> openvswitch-ovn" and it only rely on the presence of Open vSwitch.
> If this *is* possible, will there be a separate release process for OVN so
> can release more often than OVS?

We have not yet contemplated that, but it could be possible.

In my opinion, OVS is not releasing often enough in any case.  I think
that 3 or 4 releases a year is about right (but that's off the cuff, not
some kind of official policy or anything).