"dev" <dev-boun...@openvswitch.org> wrote on 07/23/2016 10:59:35 AM:

> From: Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org>
> To: dev@openvswitch.org
> Date: 07/23/2016 10:59 AM
> Subject: [ovs-dev] releasing 2.6: branch Aug 1, release Sep 15
> Sent by: "dev" <dev-boun...@openvswitch.org>
>
> The proposed Open vSwitch release schedule calls for branching 2.6 from
> master on Aug. 1, followed by a period of bug fixes and stabilization,
> with release on Sep. 15.  The proposed release schedule is posted here
> for review:
>         https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/650319/
>
> I don't yet know of a reason to modify this schedule.
>
> If you know of reasons to change it, now is an appropriate time to bring
> it up for discussion.  In addition, if you have features planned for 2.6
> that risk hitting master somewhat late for the branch, it is also a good
> time to bring these up for discussion, so that we can plan to backport
> them to the branch early on, or to delay the branch by a few days.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.

Apologies for the potential double notice on this, but email to the
list is being difficult again, so I'm not going to risk it:

I just submitted http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/651978/ to produce
an ovn-controller-vtep debian package. Our architecture plans call for
being able to assign TOR communication to specific nodes, so we'd like
to see this or its equivalent to land as part of the 2.6.0 feature set.
If it merges before the branch, great - if not, consider this an ask
for inclusion before the final release.