On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:18 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> But maybe I miss something: what do you mean with different meta-data in this
> context?

For example, something like this:

  <ejb-jar>
      <enterprise-beans>
          <session>
              <ejb-name>BeanOne</ejb-name>
              <ejb-class>org.foo.MyEjbClass</ejb-class>
              <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
              <!-- other metadata -->
          </session>
          <session>
              <ejb-name>BeanTwo</ejb-name>
              <ejb-class>org.foo.MyEjbClass</ejb-class>
              <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
            <!-- other metadata -->
          </session>
      </enterprise-beans>
  </ejb-jar>

The two beans share the same bean class, but could be hooked up to different
datasources, persistence units, have different env entries or different timer
schedules or interceptors, etc.  By ejb terms these are two different ejbs.

Currently this fails because the id indirectly enforces that the bean class be
unique because the NewBean id is generated only using class information.  If
maybe it could append to the BaseEjbBean.getId() value that might work -- that
would result in two entries for the same class which might not make sense in
this context.  Might be better to improve EjbUtility and downstream to register
it once and not fail a deployment if the same class shows up again in another
BaseEjbBean.

Open to thoughts on the right change.

-David