Le mar. 30 juin 2020 à 13:06, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.invalid> a
écrit :

> Oh shees, yes was on a different track in my head. I think the CDI spec
> doesn't mention websockets at all. Probably that's why we don't integrate
> with it.
> I remember that we once had the discussion and the outcome was that it
> might be too expensive to do it every time. And people can use
> CDI.current() anyway IF they need it. At least that was what I remember
> from the discussions we had in the CDI EG. Not sure if there have been
> discussions on the EE umbrella level.

The spec document (~ PDF) is empty but javadoc mentions that EE context
looks up in EE context - which means what we want I guess.
That said, realisticly it does not sound crazy to say the websocket
components have at least injections even if they are not beans as JAXRS,
Servlet, JSF and all EE components.
In terms of cost it is likely less costly than for servlet components cause
a connection lasts way longer than for webapps, likely something to enhance
but I'm not sure today the usage of this module. From my small window I saw
only custom integrations and rarely so deep integrations so not sure it is
worth it.