I agree on focusing on binary support for now. There is only one "annoyance"
here: I noticed the dockerskeleton always expects a zip file including an
"exec". I would like to be able to support also binaries pushed straight, and I
was trying to do that using magic file detection (there is a Go library for
that).

To be honest, as I told already on Slack, I am a bit skeptic on source support
tot court as it is implemented for example in the Swift image. It is noticeably
slow. Go is a bit faster but the problem with Go is downloading dependencies
(that can be a lot...).

You will have a long startup time when you scale, and having a long startup
time when you need quickly more instances is definitely a killer problem for
scaling support.

As I mentioned, for binaries like swift and go, and also for Java,  I was
thinking we should have something similar to what Kubernetes allows to do: an
image for building, producing an executable, to be cached somewhere, to be
reused when you launch more images.

Just my 2cents of ideas....

--
  Michele Sciabarra