To: "OpenWhisk Dev" <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
From: "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Date: 03/15/2019 06:06PM
Subject: [DISCUSS] graduation from the incubator

I'd like to kick off a discussion to assess the project's readiness for
graduation from the incubator.

Per Rodric's recent stats [1], the community has developed nicely in terms
of code contribution.

We've released a number of software components following the Apache release
process.  We are in the midst of making our first "uber-release" across all
of our sub-components (expect at least 2 voting threads next week).

Overall I think the community is active.  Communication on the project
slack is frequent (avg of >160 messages a day) and is now digested daily to
the dev list. (See [2] for stats).

There are a couple procedural tasks we still need to complete, foremost
being the formal transfer of the OpenWhisk trademarks from IBM to the ASF.
But I think we can assume that these tasks will be completed and start
considering graduation in parallel.

Please share your thoughts,

--dave

[1]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.apache.org_thread.html_b2217c61caad5c7a0369699d06d44e5cf688d3cba982e354a45b8c78-40-253Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org-253E&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LUNmCHjmrhrkjp9ZF9fhwg&m=29zSYpg--7xm2FpdH67pa8-BViED6kMm4TFRG8UbJZ8&s=6-QfzwikY26pJYG1gzQdCEF8M9XIaxwgo_ok7gWLsZ4&e=
[2]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.apache.org_confluence_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D103091999&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LUNmCHjmrhrkjp9ZF9fhwg&m=29zSYpg--7xm2FpdH67pa8-BViED6kMm4TFRG8UbJZ8&s=ERvvltgFZD20SHYfoI2C56IhYORzsm7IxA2FJbLZk9Q&e=