Hi

At the beginning I'd like to write I like the job you do with development of OpenWhisk and I like this platform very much. I was talking about it some weeks ago and may people were interested in it. I hope you will be able to graduate soon and become a TLP.

I see actually some problems with Slack too. It's a good communication channel, when you want to discuss something quickly. I used it as well to discuss some questions with Rodric. And I liked that Rodric sent a summary of our discussion to @dev. It worked like it really should work when
channels other than email are used for discussion.

But I see that not all discussions are summarized in dev@. The digests are good for archiving, but it's difficult join a discussion in a specific thread, especially when the thread is old. The messages in Slack are no more visible after some time (e.g. I cannot see today messaged older than 31st January, I see following message "To see and search this channel's full history, upgrade to one of our paid plans") With email threads it's easier to join the discussion for the particular thread or simply reference the thread
(e.g. by url of the thread)

You have also a huge amount of  know-how, tips and tricks and solutions in Github issues and pull requests. They can be easily found when searching for problem solutions in Google. But it would be nice to have it on
the mailing list as well.

Best regards

Krzysztof