On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 4:18 PM Tyson Norris <tnor...@adobe.com.invalid> wrote:
> One possible change would be to move the checking logic inside either
> Container or
> ContainerClient, but I would keep it separate from /init and /run, and
> consider revisiting
> it if we change the HTTP protocol to include some more sophisticated checking
> via HTTP ( add a /health endpoint etc)....

Reading this thread I was thinking about /health, I think it makes
perfect sense to consider the action containers like any other
service, which need to provide a /health endpoint separate from their
operational endpoints.

The health check might try /health first and fallback to something
else if that's not provided, to enable a smooth transition to
health-enabled containers over time.

-Bertrand