Hello,

I am from Philips Architecture team, where I am working on a POC to compare
different data models [ Parquet/Avro/Json]. But I see Parquet is very slow
while writing [pojo to Parquet file].

I have created two issues in Parquet project. One is regarding the slowness of
ParquetWritter compared to JSON and AvroWriter :

Avro Serialization Stats: StopWatch 'AvroSerializer': running time (millis) =
387
JSON serialization Stats: StopWatch 'JsonSerializer': running time (millis) =
103
Parquet Serialization Stats: StopWatch 'ParquetSerializer': running time
(millis) = 8346

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1680

Second issue is I was not able to serialize a Java object to Parquet when the
pojo has a UUID field. Parquet is throwing exception.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1679

Could you please help me on what I am doing wrong or give me some insights on
resolving the issue.

Regards,
Felix K Jose

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the