Hello,

Just for the record, I find the introductory sentence a bit weird:
"""
Apache Parquet is a columnar storage format available to any project in
the Hadoop ecosystem
"""

That is certainly true, but many people not using the Hadoop ecosystem
also read and write Parquet files, so that description seems to
downplay the advantages of Parquet.  No intrinsic quality (such as
compactness) is mentioned, and Parquet almost looks like a legacy format
of some kind.

Regards

Antoine.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 11:09:03 -0400