Hi Prem, Wes' comment on the thread you posted on the arrow dev list should
clear up your confusion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/72qwr66wf3xyrl5cozgojz88ct23qzxx. There is
a difference between the "standard" itself (parquet-format) and the
implementation (parquet-mr, etc...).

Parquet-format (https://github.com/apache/parquet-format) contains mostly
just the docs and thrift definition now that a PR to clean up the
remaining deprecated code was just merged. Releases of this just format,
which again, is mostly just docs, is what Gang was referring to in [2].

We just started conversations about how a Parquet 2.0 release may look in
the meeting yesterday. As these conversations progress, the dev list will
be kept updated.