Hi Parquet team,

 It is very exciting to see this effort. Thanks Micah for starting this.

 For most use case that our team sees the broad areas for improvement
appear to be -
   1) Optimizing for cloud storage (latency is high, seeks are expensive)
   2) Optimized metadata reading - we've seen 30% (sometimes more) of
Spark's scan operator time spent in reading footers.
   3) Anything that improves support for data lakes.

  Also I'll be happy to help wherever I can.

Parth