=0

I'm going to miss
* the ability cross reference stuff from other jira projects
* the simplicity of being able to use a string like "PARQUET-123" to refer
to an issue
* the ease of being able to set up your ide and web browser to go from a
reference like this to a jira page
* maybe uber-JIRAs

In its favour:
* JIRA has long abandoned the needs of developers which can be seen by the
addition of features like PDF rendering and voice recognition and
supporting an explosion of dashboards for every software development
processes have long destroyed the notion of "agile"
* while foundational over things which would be useful such as "don't
remove the link to a newly created issue after 15 seconds"
* JIRA's public API is notoriously brittle, whereas github has an api, and
in "gh" an official command line tool to work with them. Great for cutting
releases too.
* github issues integrate better with github prs.

Assuming it goes ahead, it'd be good to know how best other projects
managed the transition and what worked/didn't, in particular "is there
anything which needs to be done before/during the move to make the move
easier"