Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this month. Any comments, objections or additions?

<draft>
General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the
community.

Releases
--------

We are preparing for the next release 1.3.0. Jukka volunteered as release
manager.

Development:

PDFBox 1.3.0 will again include a lot of improvements and bugfixes:

- JPEG2000 support
- improved font encoding (CID, CFF-fonts) when extracting text
- made the parser more lenient handling out of spec pdfs
- improved text extraction
- as the additional CMAP files from adobe are now published under a more suitable license, we were able to include them directly instead of downloading them

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler