Hi,

I agree with Andreas on that point : we should not release a code that
will be dead soon.

preflight (and xmpbox) has never been released. So, in my opinion,
PDFBox 1.7 can be released without preflight... it bothers me for a
project but I think it is the best thing to do.

There is more than one issue linked with that:
* Eric's new version will change the interface
* xmpbox and jempbox should be merged (or at least one should desappear).

The schedule with these modification is not compatible with 1.7 release.

Guillaume