Hi,

Am 10.03.2013 14:25, schrieb Glen Peterson:
BTW I quickly looked at your contribution. You put a lot of effort into what
was a completely missing part!

Thanks for taking the time to look, and for the compliment - you just
made my day!

PageManager I was talking about is more low level than yours which is more
towards a LayoutManager

Ooh, good feedback.  Since your email, I'm planning to rename it.

A higher level API like yours could then rely on the low level API.  There
might be some overlap though.

Yes, I could see it being completely separate, though there is a
strong dependency.  The dependency made me think that it belongs with
PDFBox, especially since the collection of features called iText
includes layout-manager functionality.

It occurs to me that you guys are getting ready for a release and
might not want to consider adding a whole new feature until you start
a new chunk of development.  Also, it really can be released
Correct, unfortunately it is to late and I don't want to postpone the release,
as a lot of people are waiting for it.

completely separately from PDFBox and you are currently breaking
PDFBox up into some smaller projects.  I'm thinking now of calling the
project com.planbase.pdf.LayoutManager or some such thing and hosting
it on GitHub under the Apache license.  That will let me track it in
source control and make it easier for me to move forward with it
without cluttering up your mailing list.  If people use it, it's just
not that hard for them to have to change a few imports to reflect it
being moved to a different project.
+1

You guys know it exists, and you know I'm excited about incorporating
it into PDFBox if you want it there.  But I think that for now, it's
probably best to consider it a separate project until we are all ready
to put the two together if we decide that's a good idea.  When I
actually make the move, I'll remove the code from the JIRA issue and
replace it with a link to the GitHub project.
I really appreciate your offer! There are a lot of people looking for such
features. I guess it would perfectly fit into our next major release 2.0. till
then you might wanna have a look at our license agreements [1]. Your
contribution would be a substantial change to our codebase and we would ask you
to sign a iCLA/CCLA. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

Thanks!

-Glen K. Peterson

Thanks again for your offer and your interest in PDFBox!

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas