thx for the offer to help. I think it's needed :-)

I already read about the Apache CMS and svnpubsub and think that the CMS is the
way to go although it's initially a little more effort. One of the major
benefits of the CMS is that non technical users can use it (the web UI) and
it's easier for non comitters to contribute [1].

As soon as I get a go to move forward I'll open a ticket on Jira to track the
status of the move. The initial step will be to get myself familiar with the
tools to build the site as described in [2]. I propose the migration to reuse
the current content and most of the current navigation and optimize at a later
stage but making a clearer distinction between users of and developers for
pdfbox.

Maruan Sahyoun

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#non-committer
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html