Hi,

we currently have two libraries handling XMP metadata jempbox and xmpbox.

Part of PDFBOX-1187/PDFBOX-2197 was to remove a direct dependency from jempbox
as now XMP metadata could be generated by any library and added as a stream.
This will be available for PDFBox 2.0.0.

I would like to propose to now retire jempbox as xmpbox

# is closer to the spec (naming conventions)
# used for PDF/A validation where we can not remove a dependency on XMP
handling as checking metadata is necessary for PDF/A compliance.

In case there is functionality in jempbox that is missing in xmpbox that could
be added at a later stage upon request.

WDYT?

BR
Maruan