Hi

Am 08.01.2015 um 13:18 schrieb Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>:

>> Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 8. Januar 2015 um 12:52
>> geschrieben:

>>> This means that we have to move the whole site to github? Or could we start
>>> with
>>> a part of it, as planned for the docs?
>>
>> we can use that to only generate the docs. I can do a similar setup to see
>> how
>> that would work for us - would need to replicate some of the html template so
>> it also works standalone.
>>
>> Shall I?
> It depends on the effort and the time you want to spend on that. We should try
> it if it is worth doing it.

as jekyll is a replacement/similar to the Apache CMS testing it on the docs is
fine and we get some experience.

pro:
- leverage GitHub to generate the docs
- use jekyll which is well documented
- full integration into GitHub to do automated builds

cons:
- will need a local build to generate the HTML to push into SVN
[https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/gh-pages/README.md]
- replicates the Apache CMS functionality

At the end it's using jekyll and svnpubsub/manual upload or Apache CMS. Mixed
makes no sense for the long run or only if the Doumentation is a kind of micro
site similar to http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/ which is also a valid
approach.

Maruan