That TestPDFToImage is excluded by default makes sense for the reasons
stated.  I love the improvements you've made to it, though!  I knew when I
added it so many years ago that there had to be a better way to compare the
images than I was doing, but I couldn't find it.

And it has been several years since I've been an active committer.  It
wasn't too long after the project came over from SourceForge to Apache that
it was doing well enough that my employer didn't want to pay me for more
work on it.  And ... I didn't get to it much on my own time.

Now, I built version 2.0.0 (trunk) to a JAR yesterday using ant.  With a
bit of manual fetching of dependencies, that worked pretty well.  And maybe
if I'd understood the maven actions within the ant build file better, I
could have tweaked it to get it to do it automaticly.  It really looks like
it's very close to being correct.

In January, I built version 1.8.8 to .Net using IKVM 7.4.  Actually ...
using my own fork of IKVM v7.4, not because I needed to add stuff to IKVM
to get the build but because I needed it to run my subclassed PageDrawer
later on.  My fork is at https://github.com/BlackLocust/ikvm/tree/v7.4 and
it really has minimal changes from standard IKVM 7.4.

Because you have made so many rendering improvements in 2.0, I am working
now on getting it to compile using IKVM.  Subclassing PageDrawer is what's
not supported ... so ... I'll be making more changes to my IKVM fork to be
able to render in .Net.

If there's interest in continuing to support the ant build, at least in the
interest of the IKVM version, I would be happy to merge my build file
changes back.