Hi,

to enhance the coverage of acroforms wrt to the PDF specification we'd need to
support barcode fields. A lib we could use as a base is Barcode4J [1] which is
ASL licensed. As it has features and dependencies we don't need/want I'd think
we'd need to rip it apart and reuse what's needed and add what's missing.

The other option is adding that as a dependency and add a custom Canvas
implementation but this means that we'd also need Avalon … - which would add a
lot to PDFBox. So I'd tend towards taking the code as a base.

How could we proceed?

BR
Maruan

[1] http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net