Hi,

> Am 27.03.2015 um 12:36 schrieb Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 27. März 2015 um 09:02
>> geschrieben:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> to enhance the coverage of acroforms wrt to the PDF specification we'd need
>> support barcode fields. A lib we could use as a base is Barcode4J [1] which
>> is
>> ASL licensed. As it has features and dependencies we don't need/want I'd
>> think
>> we'd need to rip it apart and reuse what's needed and add what's missing.
>>
>> The other option is adding that as a dependency and add a custom Canvas
>> implementation but this means that we'd also need Avalon … - which would add
>> lot to PDFBox. So I'd tend towards taking the code as a base.
>>
>> How could we proceed?
> I'm not familiar with that acroform option. What exactly do we have to
> implement? Transforming a text into a barcode I guess, but what output format,
> bitmap?

it's part of PDF 2 specified by the PMD entry in the fields dictionary.

{quote}
(Required; barcode fields only; PDF 2.0) The PaperMetaData generation
parameters dictionary. The entries of this dictionary are instructions to a
barcode encoding module of an interactive PDF processor on how to generate the
barcode image.
{quote}

Barcode symbologies are PDF417, QRCode, or DataMatrix.

The output format generated by Adobe (with a quick test - so might not be
generally the case) is a bitmap but quickly scanning through the spec I
couldn't find if that is required by the spec or if it could als be vectors.

BR
Maruan