On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:59:22AM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> now, I _think_ joes argument is that for the second part the server should
> be required to set 'ProxyRequest On' in httpd.conf, which indicates the
> arrangement the client and server have agreed upon.

Yes, that's an accurate summary.

> so, if I understand the debate, it's whether this ability should remain
> solely with mod_proxy, or whether other modules should be allowed to decide
> whether they should set 'ProxyRequest On' at runtime.
>
> is that right?

Yup.  And to be clear: t/modules/proxy.t does not test the operation of
a forward proxy - it tests the operation of a reverse proxy but sets
r->proxyreq to the wrong value, which happened to work before.

If it used r->proxyreq = PROXYREQ_REVERSE it should work again with the
httpd trunk.

joe