David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Jan 22, 2008, at 15:21, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008, at 22:48, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
Oh, another thing to make sure is that the httpd tree you are building
in is free of bits from a previous build attempt. Caught me once.
Yeah, I did it with a clean build of everything. :-(
Can you post the steps you are using to build everything, that way, I might
be able to reproduce it on my setup ?
Okay, that's a static build of mod_perl, that's probably where the
difference is. I am building dynamic.

I'll give it a shot and see if I can reproduce.

Ah, I always thought that mp1 was better off statically compiled into Apache.

I used to do it that way too for the longest time.

I've been doing it that way for years.

I've switched to DSO a while back, mainly because it is just so much easier
to manage installations, upgrades and the like. I can easily build mod_perl
twice, debug, and non-debug, and keep both .so side-by-side.

One symlink (or configuration change), restart, and I can flip back and
forth between different flavors. It's just too practical!

Welcome to the bleeding edge!