On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:33 PM, James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Users not relying on local indexes can upgrade the server ahead of the
> client, but users depending on local indexes will need to upgrade the
> client and server together. The problem with bumping up the major version
> is that existing users not using local indexes will not be able to move to
> 4.8 without down time.

Explaining to someone that they have to treat a minor release like a major
release just because they happened to add the LOCAL keyword without
explanation of the consequences sounds like a very bad time. This sounds
like an argument to have local index improvements wait for a major release.
Do we have a pile of other features waiting for breaking changes to ship?

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Sergey Soldatov <sergeysolda...@gmail.com>