I'd like to get updated to Avatica 1.9.0 for Phoenix 4.9.0 (let's us do PHOENIX-3004), but its vote is scheduled to close tmrw. That _should_ give me time to push in the update and do some basic testing before Friday.

Might I be able to sway you into casting a vote over there to make sure that the train of releases doesn't get held up, James? (Beers on me next time)

James Taylor wrote:
We've got a lot of great stuff (mostly bug fixes) already checked in for
4.9.0. Please let me know if you have any outstanding JIRAs you'd like to
see in the release. Here's a few that are under review and are expected to
make it in:
PHOENIX-6 Support ON DUPLICATE KEY construct
PHOENIX-476 Support declaration of DEFAULT in CREATE statement

These will hopefully have a patch today and make it in too:
PHOENIX-3326 Restoring SYSTEM.CATALOG from snapshot causes clients to run
into UpgradeInProgressException
PHOENIX-3407 Wrong type of RowLock acquired by MetaDataEndPointImpl for
HBase 1.2
PHOENIX-3396 Valid Multi-byte strings whose total byte size is greater than
the max char limit cannot be inserted into VARCHAR fields in the PK

Thanks,
James