Since 4.12.0 is out and we have the concurrent discussions about the 0.98, 1.1, and 1.2 HBase branches, do folks have a vision of how we get to HBase 2.0.0?

The lack of chatter is pretty obvious that the Calcite work (the previous impetus for Phoenix 5) has slowed. Once we get to an HBase 2.0.0-alpha4, coprocessor API should stabilize and give us a point against which we can start Phoenix work.

Should a release of Phoenix that supports HBase 2.0 be worthy of the Phoenix 5.0 label, or should we stick to the 4.x numbering? Given the breaking changes going into HBase 2.0 and James' previous -1 to shim-layers for 0.98, do we see the same for an HBase 2.0 branch or is HBase 1.x/2.x a different beast? I can see pros/cons for both sides.

- Josh