Yes, James, There are JIRAs(if not all) which are expected to be ported to
master soon like the JIRAs under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4297. but as sometimes we
need a separate patch for HBase 2.0  and 1.x branch, which was delaying the
process of getting 5.x in a compiled state and such delay can lead us in a
loop of re-work as new development ported to this branch may not be well
tested.  so, Plan is to have 5.x compiled and tested first by next week and
then concentrate on porting these changes back to 4.x.