The 5.0.0 release apparently was an 'alpha'.  I think we should do a 5.0.1
which can work with HBase 2.0.2 and remove the 'alpha'.
5.0 has feature parity with 4.14.
5.1 would have feature parity with 4.15, the main addition being splittable
syscat

On a sidenote, I've been planning a 4.14.1 release but was waiting for the
CDH builds.  It looks like CDH branches are no longer being maintained so I
think I can just move forward with that. (btw we should clean those up)

If noone else is doing it, I can try doing the 5.0.1 release concurrently.