Hi to everybody!

Thanks Thejas for your reply.

Current situation is the following:

Rank command is composed by two physical operators connected: POCounter and
PORank.

This operator has two implementations:
* The first one is composed by two map-only jobs (one per each physical
operator of rank command). It was quite easy to incorporate the illustrator
command on it.

* The second implementation is a chain of physical operators, and at the
end are the POCounter, PORank and a POForEach. And I have some problems on
illustrate it.
This is what I got, while trying to illustrate here:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.pig.pen.util.LineageTracer.link(LineageTracer.java:70)

at org.apache.pig.pen.util.LineageTracer.union(LineageTracer.java:56)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POForEach.illustratorMarkup(
POForEach.java:743)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POForEach.createTuple(
POForEach.java:488)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POForEach.processPlan(
POForEach.java:436)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POForEach.getNext(
POForEach.java:294)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigGenericMapBase.runPipeline(
PigGenericMapBase.java:275)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigGenericMapBase.map(
PigGenericMapBase.java:270)

at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigGenericMapBase.map(
PigGenericMapBase.java:1)

While I was looking for a solution, I think one possible reason is the
LineageTracer used at POForEach, which should be implemented at PORank too.
(But I don't know how to used it)

Thanks in advance for your reply,

--

Allan AvendaƱo S.