Hi Noel,

I did think about removing that argument, but there are a few reasons why I
didn't think it was the right approach:

1) All of our other property change events carry a previous value, so this
would create an inconsistency.

2) I think there are potentially valid use cases for it. Let's say I have a
list view containing 10 image file names. Next to the list view I have a grid
view containing image thumbnails. When an image is selected, I want to set a
background color for the corresponding image; when deselected, I want to clear
it. It will be more efficient to implement this logic if I have access to the
previous selected indexes. This is a contrived example but I'm sure that
someone will run into a real-world use case for it.

3) It is already supported and carries almost no overhead, so taking it out
would be removing potentially useful functionality.

Another possibility is to create a new listener interface to fire this event,
similar to TextInputTextListener, which defines textChanged() and does not
include the previous value. However, we already have ListViewSelectionListener,
so I'm not sure what we might call it. That's how I came to the idea of simply
overloading the previous value argument.

This does make me realize that TextInput is also a bit inconsistent, since
setText() fires textChanged() and does not pass the previous value. So it may
actually make sense to consolidate TextInputCharacterListener and
TextInputTextListener into a single interface and take a similar approach there.