On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Sandro Martini
<sandro.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Please vote to publish this release by Friday, December 17 22:00 GMT.
> I agree with Niclas, we should have more time ... at least including one
> week-end.
>
> I've done a quick review of downloaded files, but I've seen 3 sources
> (.java) that doesn't have the Apache License Header, and an html page (all
> listed here:
> http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v2.0/apache-pivot-2.0-src.rat.txt
> ): I don't know if this is this blocking for the release ... Niclas (and
> others), what do you say ?

I probably belong in the "lenient" camp. Copyright applies even if
there are no source headers.

My recommendation;

 1. Don't block the release, but if the release manager feels it is
important, he can choose to cut a new one.
 2. Add the source headers now.
 3. Make RAT part of the release build.
 4. Use IDEAs "Copyright plugin" or similar in Eclipse (if any).

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk