On 13 August 2011 06:30, Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> this could be very interesting ... I have no experience with git, so could
> be useful.
> Some user ask to me a git repository to work on some pivot-related things
> but at the moment wasn't possible, so someone want to try to ask to infra ?

I am happy to request the mirror.  I was planning to wait a few days
to make sure nobody has any strong objections, but don't expect any.
Having a git mirror might make Pivot more accessible to developers and
will hopefully make contributing patches to Pivot easier for some
people. As I understand things, it should also significantly reduce
the load on svn.apache.org compared with if git users attempted to get
a full clone of the Pivot svn repository, and be significantly faster
too.

So I suppose I should formally state that I will go ahead and make the
git mirror request based on lazy consensus if no objections are raised
in the next 3 days.
http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#LazyConsensus

> I wasn't aware of git support even from GoogleCode (and git integrated in
> eclipse 3.7), so maybe we could even think to drop some of our pivot-related
> apache-extras svn repositories and re-create in git (but we have to verify
> if this is possible) ...
> What do you think ?
It sounds like it is possible, but I don't know enough about the usage
of apache-extras or the underlying SVN repo to suggest changing to
git.
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/GitFAQ

I expect that it is probably best to leave as SVN for now as git has
support for cloning and working with SVN repositories, but SVN doesn't
have support for working with git repos.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=git+svn