Hi Greg,

>Image is the base class for Picture and some other internal image classes
as well. Moving it outside of WTK would basically eliminate all graphic
support in the platform. Probably not a good idea.
Yes for sure it will not be a good idea :-) .
So I'll try to strip out only the svg part from it, and move in another
class (if possible that extends ImageView).

>My mistake - should have been "@foo.svg".
Don't worry ...

So if there aren't other objections I could try to prototype something (for
the 2.1), and commit only new classes (in new subproject) before making any
change (deleting/removing some code) in old ones ...

I'll create a JIRA ticket targeted to 2.1, just for reference.

Bye,
Sandro