Hi,

for the sake of completeness I am bringing aggregated feedback I also added on
the pull request here, so it’s archived.

I would probably remove the TODO items from the code, as I think these should
rather be discussions on the list and/or Jira issues and we shouldn’t be having
discussions in the code (just my opinion)

  *   Using UUID for equality checks: I would hesitate using these, as
generating a UUID consumes a lot of CPU power and each UUID might consume more
memory than the objects payload.
  *   Cleanup of the request map in the S7Protocol (and others): I absolutely
agree on this. This was one of the things I knew we will be needing but was
hesitant to start working on this, as I didn’t have an idea on how to do this
Netty-style. Fortunately when looking into the Enthernet/IP drivers internals,
the author there is doing exactly this sort of thing:
https://github.com/digitalpetri/ethernet-ip/blob/master/cip-client/src/main/java/com/digitalpetri/enip/cip/CipClient.java
 (Have a look at the “pending” and “timeouts” properties).
  *   Making the items immutable … I agree :-)

But as I mentioned, this is just my opinion.