So,

I just checked the changes ... and the build does not work correctly.
But I left the compilation enabled and we will have breaking builds until this
is fixed.

The error message is:

[INFO] --- cmake-maven-plugin:3.7.2-b1:compile (cmake-compile) @
plc4cpp-utils-logger ---
Scanning dependencies of target plc4cpp-utils-logger
[ 14%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/BLogger.cpp.o
In file included from
/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/BLogger.cpp:20:
/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/BLogger.h:118:43:
 warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
                                                BLogger& operator=(BLogger
const&){ };  // assignment operator is private

    ^
1 warning generated.
[ 28%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/DatDmp.cpp.o
[ 42%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/DbgTrace.cpp.o
[ 57%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.cpp.o
In file included from
/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.cpp:20:
/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/plc4cpp/utils/logger/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.h:23:10:
 fatal error: 'boost\system\error_code.hpp' file not found
#include <boost\system\error_code.hpp>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[2]: ***
[CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/src/main/cpp/org/apache/plc4x/cpp/utils/logger/ErrorCategory.cpp.o]
 Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/plc4cpp-utils-logger.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The strange thing is that I triple- and quadruple-checked that the file
(boost\system\error_code.hpp) is there and the directory is correctly
referenced in the CMakeFile.txt:
target_include_directories (plc4cpp-utils-logger PUBLIC
target/dependencies/include)

So something strange must be going on in there ... unfortunately I stopped C
and C++ development in the early 2000s so I'm not 100% sure where to look.

Chris